Mobile Elevated Work Platforms
The purpose of this training is to provide employees with mobile elevating work platforms safety training prescribed by legislation so they may obtain the ability to operate equipment in a safe, competent manner and work safely in their work environment and around other employees.
This course has been developed for mobile elevating work platform operators and supervisors.
Types of Equipment Covered:
This course is suitable for operators of the following types of lift trucks:
- Scissor lifts
- Boom lifts
- Articulating boom lifts
- Spider type articulating boom lifts
- Vertical mast lifts
By the end of this course participants will be able to:
- Understand operators’ legislative responsibilities
- Assess hazards associated with MEWPs
- Identify types of MEWPs and associated equipment
- Understand the stability principles of the equipment
- Successfully complete a pre-shift inspection
- Safely perform work using a lift truck
- Understand the hazards of different fuel source types
- Know what to do in the event of an emergency
- Brief overview of fall protection requirements as per Reg. 851
Practical Skills Evaluation:
Our certification process consists of two parts- In-class written, and a practical evaluation. Participants must achieve a minimum score of 80% in order to be certified. Practical testing is completed after the successful completion of the in-class portion.
Operators with previous experience will be required to complete a series of tasks that will simulate real-world scenarios and will be marked based on whether or not they can demonstrate a competence that is required to operate the equipment safely. Feedback will be provided by the instructor at the end of their evaluation, along with tips for improvement.
New operators will receive initial hands-on coaching by our instructor, allowing them to get orientated with the equipment under the guidance of an experienced operator. It is highly recommended that new operators gain a minimum of 10 hours of experience under the supervision of another certified operator after the class prior to attempting the practical evaluation which is to be scheduled at a later date.
A charge of $75 per person will apply for each evaluation. Additional charges may apply if multiple devices are evaluated. Practical skill evaluations should be completed within 90 days of the theoretical portion of the course being successfully passed.
For Rassaun Services to complete the practical evaluation on site, the participant must ensure that:
- They have had the minimum recommended experience on each piece of equipment they will be operating
- Annual certification and inspection have been completed on the equipment that will be used for the evaluation
- The equipment is in good working order
CSA standards require operators to be re-certified every 3 years from the date of evaluation. Further, it is recommended that additional practical evaluations be periodically performed (approximately every 18 months) in order to maintain the operator’s competence.
- Reg. 851 – Industrial Establishments s. 20, 51-52, 56-59, 85
- Reg. 213/91 – Construction Projects 26, 35, 143-149
Canada Occupational Health and Safety Regulations
CSA Standard B354-17 Mobile Elevating Work Platforms
Price Per PersonFull Course
- Full Course
- Our Facility
- Preferred Pricing Available for Existing Customers
- Refresher available for $125
Flat RateFull Course
- Full Course
- Pricing for Full, Half, & Quarter Classes Available
- Your Site or Ours
- Refresher available starting at $475