The purpose of this training is to provide employees with Lock out / Tag out safety training prescribed by legislation so they may obtain the ability to de-energize equipment in a safe, competent manner and work safely in their work environment and around other employees.
This course has been developed for equipment operators, maintenance personnel, supervisors, and anyone else who could reasonably expect to undertake work activities that involve locking and tagging out machines or equipment.
Types of Equipment Covered:
This course is suitable for individuals working on equipment that could be energized via:
By the end of this course participants will be able to:
- Assess hazards associated with energized equipment
- Identify various lock out devices and methods to isolate energy sources
- Understand the legal responsibilities associated with the Lock Out Process
- Understand alternative methods to de-energise a piece of equipment
- Successfully perform a lock out / tag out
- Successfully complete the steps required to ensure lock out is performed adequately
- Know what to do in the event of an emergency
Practical Skills Evaluation:
Our certification process consists of two parts- In-class written, and a practical evaluation. Participants must achieve a minimum score of 90% in order to be certified. Practical testing is completed after the successful completion of the in-class portion.
One feature that sets our program apart from others is the ability to perform a practical evaluation on participants with our practice platform. With this, the participant will be required to complete a series of tasks that will simulate real-world scenarios when dealing with multiple energy sources on a piece of equipment, and will be marked based on whether or not they can demonstrate a competence that is required to lock out the equipment safely. Feedback will be provided by the instructor at the end of their evaluation, along with tips for improvement.
Ont. Reg. 851 – Industrial Establishments
Canada Occupational Health and Safety Regulations
CSA Standard Z460 Control of Hazardous Energy- Lockout and Other Methods
Price Per PersonFull Course
- Full Course
- Our Facility
- Preferred Pricing Available for Existing Customers
Flat RateFull Course
- Full Course
- Pricing for Full, Half, & Quarter Classes Available
- Your Site or Ours